|About Us »
• Habitat Birmingham is recognized as 4th ranked out of over 1500 other affiliates in the US by Habitat for Humanity International.
• Receives more than 3,200 requests for housing assistance each year.
• In 2012, Habitat Birmingham assisted 268 families in our area by:
- constructing 52 new houses -- over 500 families since the organization began in 1987;
- repairing 216 houses -- more than 450 repairs completed through Habitat's critical repair program, which began in March 2006;
- rehabilitating eighteen foreclosed homes in the community through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. Habitat Birmingham has acquired and rehabilitated over 75 abandoned and foreclosed homes in the Birmingham area.
- Provided housing for 24 families internationally through Habitat's tithe program in the past year.
• Houses are sold to low-income families at cost and financed at zero percent interest; houses are not given away.
• Habitat Birmingham has provided almost 2,500 men, women and children with quality, affordable housing and improved living conditions in Jefferson, Shelby, Walker and St. Clair counties.